A Step 1 Green Apple graded reader, retold by Benjamin Anderson. When Robinson Crusoe tells his parents he wants to go to sea they don’t want him to, but he ignores their wishes and joins a ship. This is just the beginning of his many adventures at sea, which end with him being shipwrecked on a desert island.
This reader uses the EXPANSIVE READING approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story, this reader contains:
• A biography of Daniel Defoe
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: The Atlantic Slave Trade and The real Robinson Crusoe:
• KET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 3)
• A full recording of the text